Saturday, June 5, 2010

Godly audience

I was listening to a song from Jesus Culture the other day called “You won’t relent”. At one part in the song Kim Walker sings: I don’t wanna talk about You, like You’re not in the room. Wanna look right at You, wanna sing right to You. Then it hit me! How many times do I do worship at church but don’t worship as if God is standing right in front of me. I get so caught up in the act of leading worship that I forget the core purpose of worshipping – to bring honour to God. If we could see God with our human eyes standing there right in front of us, what a big difference would that make! Imagine him with this big smile on His face and love in His eyes.

It is the same with a Idols contestant. If they just sing their song to take part in the competition it sounds as if there is something missing. But the moment when they look at someone and sing that song to a person, it gets that x factor. We are singing/playing to the creator of heavens and earth. It does not mean that we should strive. It only means that we should sing out of our hearts, the part that truly belongs to God. Next time I’ll see him in my mind’s eye, tapping His feet to the rhythm...

No comments:

Post a Comment