After yesterday morning I realised again how desperately we as worshippers need to be Spirit-lead and God-inspired . To give you a quick recap of what happened : 1.) I Overslept 2) I forgot most of my printed songs at the church office 3) 2 songs of the second list of songs I printed were in the wrong keys .4) The last song we played weren't on the playlist given to the projector team . 5)Petrus' jembi was late in arriving at the practice .
I know this reflects bad on me as worship leader and I'm the first one to agree,but it was just one of those weeks where time was sucked up in a melee of rushing here and running there . So let's take this as a worst case scenario .
Now comes the irony : I heard three people say they were incredibly blessed by the worship service and that Elizabeth's songs gave them goosebumps .
Rick also had good things to say about the worship. How's that possible ? When we didn't FEEL anything on stage . I was sweating liters of water out it was so hot, my throat was dry and I had to play two songs blind ( wrong keys on my copies) . What we as a team did right was the following : 1) When the team realised I was late they started anointing the church 2) When we realised we had the wrong copies of the songs we prayed together as a team 3)The whole team continued to smile 4) No one in the team backed down to the challenge .
This is a testimony of how ,even if we don't FEEL anything , we should just knuckle down and push through .Keeping our eyes on our King ,trusting Him to come through for us.It's stepping forward in faith wanting to bless the body of believers with an environment of worship. This is an attitude that touches His heart . It's not about us "getting" blessed when we're playing ,it's about giving what we've received to edify the church.
I hope all of us realised again how awesome He is in coming through for us when we need Him.
God bless you all for your faith and your courage !
jip, one of my biggest challenges to not always follow the way I'm feeling! and everytime God comes through for us if we follow Him instead ☺
ReplyDeleteI agree, the worship this weekend blessed me and it's great to see the team growing...Elizabeth did a great job and looked liked a natural, all smiling!
ReplyDeleteAll honour to God who in spite of our weaknesses, empowers and uses us for His glory!